Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Stick 274 - Resurrection


Resurrection

Submission cannot be
Submission led to the dread and unbearable that you silently bear

I read your stories through every night
I read your hurt before the break of dawn
I recoil from what you live through
I reject that this is how it has always been

Where are these faceless men
Where do they hide today
Is it only by slavery and objectification
that these men can see their worldly way

When I was still a little girl
I believed that men were heroes in heart and soul
I believed they inspire and lead
I sadden at what I now so often see

I cannot say that I will for you pray
as I read that you all pray five times a day
I believe that voices must become loud
I believe our outrage will become the moving crowd

I hear your silent cry
I feel your head lifted in pleading fashion to the sky
I taste your salty tears
I embrace you from afar and hope to soothe your fears

Resurrect from this archaic system
Resurrect to be and become
Resurrect to fight those who oppose
the right of women to be and belong

No comments:

Post a Comment