Saturday, November 23, 2013

Stick 238 - Inkpot Letters


Inkpot Letters

I noticed the unassuming pen as it nestled inkpot friend
I focused my attention glued to the very spot

I thought back of the letters written and received
I fought back tears buried through the letter years

I loved the letters that went to Nanna on the farm
I sent them with colours of creative crayon care

I loved the letters that went to friends at war
I sent with them my hope of a world restored

I learned to write letters as I read letters
as I received letters as I believed the messages in the letters

I write them now with clear intent
I write them always with love, care and avoid causing dispair

I await many letters promised and never sent
but I know that letters are like life, only delivered and read when meant

No comments:

Post a Comment