Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Stick 66 - Hour Glass Sand


 
The hour in the sand glass...
 
I ran cold ice-white sand through my calm reflective fingers
and I knew what it meant
 
I scooped small sand-handfulls, but realised that sand cannot compress
and I knew what this meant
 
I lay back and closed my eyes and dripped the sand from head to toe
and I knew what this may mean
 
I rubbed the sand accross my belly button, filling the hole to the top
and I knew exactly what this meant
 
I stood up and shaked the sand off and felt it scrape and hurt my salty skin
and wanted to avoid what this meant
 
I picked up the empty sandglass and realised the hour had passed
and I knew the meaning meant...
 
... that I should add soft sand 
... to the palm of my grasping hand 
... till every belly-button moment 
... fills me with the wisdom and foresight of what it all meant


No comments:

Post a Comment