Friday, July 12, 2013

Stick 104 - Veld Shower

Drip, Drip

We fashioned the shower
in the middle of the veld camp
we placed it to the side of the clearing where
we could hide behind the leaves
as the water splattered make belief

we'd walked so far through the African bush that day
we explored the middle of nowhere
we discovered the crevices and path crickles sprinkled anywhere 
under the no-, part- and full sun covering the everywhere
while sometimes forest shadows soothed our somewhere fears

we talked so much as we dove-tailed with silence
we understood with love, the sharing of footstep wonder
we laughed at all the silly things
that bubbled to the i-need-to-share-stumbling
as we rested our bodies against male boulder nature chairs in the inbetween
our companionship created the invisible net called shared esteem 

The water dripped over my naked tired body that night
I stared up at the source of the glistening diamond drop
as it drip-escaped from the enclosure above called normal
I rejoiced in the washing ceremony called informal-always-not-normal
as I finished and draped the towel around me
I walked with love back to join my step-by-step-cleanse-me friend

No comments:

Post a Comment