Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Stick 10 - Yemanja


Seven Paces to the Wish

My stick came from bright white sand in orange sunlight at Mullalloo Beach tonight.  Yemanja sent her to me - Yemanja called me to her. I know she travelled very far, I know she crossed many a bar, I know she navigated at night by a stunning bright star.

I jumped the seven waves that night, when old year kissed new year's cheek. Five woman at the water edge, Five woman all in white, Five woman giggling with delight, Five woman in the magical moonlight.

Five woman with their dresses held high, Five woman now wet to their thigh.
Wave six comes quickly and seven the sign - Yemanja takes her flower boat and five candles are now mysteriously afloat.

I thank her for my fishing stick, my blue ball - fishing hook, my soft-skinned sea stick. I promise to meet Yemanja again when this Old Year kisses that New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment