Saturday, April 6, 2013

Stick 6 - Piggyback


Carry me...

How lovely to sit on the back of another, as they willingly accept the piggyback request. How comforting and familiar, to wrap your legs around their middle. How inviting to feel them strongly entwine their arms through your legs and know they will hold and carry you as far as they possibly can.  How soothing to feel your heart beat against their back as you lean into them and hook your arms over their shoulders. How easy to smell their hair as you snuggle forward.

My stick has a cloak, which she wraps around us.
My stick leans forward and starts walking for us.
My stick listens patiently as I whisper my sorrow into her ear.
My stick humms a lullaby when I run out of whisper.
My stick keeps walking when I stop talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment