Thursday, April 4, 2013

Stick 4 - Storyteller


Passing on the stories...

To me this stick looks like a grandma or grandpa, happily sitting on a chair (the larger angled dryer older stick), with two little grandchildren (the green shoots) pulling their knees up and cuddling together. I imagine unspoken excitement as everybody settles down, ready to listen to the story. Ready with wide open little green ears to a story so fantastical from a world so magical!.

O my, and now, how wonderful...I see my beautiful grandma's bosom as she settles into her upright pillow on her bed and me lying on her chest, with my small but curious green ears, listening to the sound of her voice bubbling up from inside her body as she calmly and lovingly reads my bedtime story and so completes the circle of sharing that story which she heard from her mother and her mother's mother.

May we always remember the gift of storytelling, the art of painting scenes with words, the music added through our voices,  the decor and make-up from our facial expressions and the promise of more stories to come in our eyes. 

I truly believe that stories become legends and legends inspire leaders, who rise up and create brand new real stories for us to look up to and repeat to brand new little green ears!.

No comments:

Post a Comment