Sunday, April 7, 2013

Stick 7 - The Promise Bowl


Promise Me....

As I give birth to you my child, I promise to love you,  unconditionally, for always and ever. I place my promise in the Promise Bowl and she opens her beautiful, brown, warm, kind, wooden hand. She treasures the promise, she moulds the promise, she graciously opens her hand over the years when I need her to lift the promise to the altar of life.

I see you laugh my child,
I see you learn,
I see you try and I see you yearn.

I feel your heart beat my child,
I feel your hand in mine,
I feel your fever as you fight decline.

I smell your hair my child,
I smell your fear,
I smell your chocolate breath every year.

I hear your dream my child
I hear your soul
I hear your promise as you place it in the Promise Bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment