Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Stick 45 - Floating Umbrella


Floating Umbrella

AS my umbrella blew in the wind
I held on tight as I held on for dear life
It was pulled and it was yanked
until that mighty force turned it upside out and inside down

AS my umbrella turned inside out
I noticed its delicate spine-line
It must have felt very scared and alone
as it was finally ripped from my loving hand-home

AS my umbrella flew through the air
I could not but notice its gentle softness
It's grace in the face of what was not yet known
even as it was bullied towards that raging river foam

AS my umbrella landed upside down in that dark brown river foam
I knew for sure and I knew for certain that it would definitely be okay
because it stayed afloat and proved it had hope
and even as it gathered speed, it proved it's worth in deed

No comments:

Post a Comment